[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "BCW" <santana110 at telstra dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] MS IPSEC and m0n0wall
 Date:  Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:33:31 +1100
Thanks Marko,

I'll give it a shot!!!

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Marko Vukovic [mailto:marko at aquamanta dot co dot za]
Sent: Monday, 16 January 2006 1:01 PM
Cc: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

BCW wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone have any information on how to setup m0n0wall with MS
> IPSEC VPN setup for XP ??

Hey Bill

This has been discussed before. Basically, either you need to
purchase/install a 3rd party VPN client or use the Windows Support tool
ipseccmd.exe which is a pain.
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-
us/ipsecmd.mspx
The standard windoze gui only supports IPSEC with L2TP.

You can install the support tools from your XP cd under the \SUPPORT\TOOLS\
directory.

This guy has written a GPL client (the only GPL one for windoze AFAIK):
http://vpn.ebootis.de/

Here's a guide based on the above:
http://www.natecarlson.com/linux/ipsec-x509.php

I can't tell you if this will work or not as my XP x64 support tools seems
to be lacking ipseccmd.exe (anyone know why this is - I only have
ipsec6.exe!?)

Regards
--
Marko

PS: would anyone care to email me a 32bit copy of ipseccmd.exe?