[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Benny Van Wynsberghe" <benny at buso dash evergem dot be>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  connect monowall to cisco router wis static ip adress and a dhcp lan.
 Date:  Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:24:23 +0100
our main internet router (cisco) is managed by belgacom, and we ourself can"t change anything in
that router. so we let belgacom forward al the ports to our router ( (a us robotics
router 8200). We now would like to use monowal and no longer the usr8200. But I can't get internet
on the lan.
the settings that the usr 8200 works with are:

Name:  Wan ethernet
Device Name: ixp0
Network: WAN
Connection Type: Ethernet
MAC Address: 00:c0:49:59:4f:f9
IP Address:
Subnet Mask:
Default Gateway:
DNS Server:
IP Address Distribution: Disabled
Received Packets: 1175
Sent Packets: 1121

Name:  lan ethernet
Device Name: ixp1
Network: LAN
Connection Type: Ethernet
MAC Address: 00:c0:49:59:4f:fa
IP Address:
Subnet Mask:
IP Address Distribution: DHCP Server
Received Packets: 7609
Sent Packets: 6920

anybody got tips to get the internet working. When I use the monowall at home where the internet
comes from a dhcp router everything works.