[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Benny Van Wynsberghe" <benny at buso dash evergem dot be>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  connect monowall to cisco router wis static ip adress and a dhcp lan.
 Date:  Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:24:23 +0100
our main internet router (cisco) is managed by belgacom, and we ourself can"t change anything in
that router. so we let belgacom forward al the ports to our router (192.168.0.2) (a us robotics
router 8200). We now would like to use monowal and no longer the usr8200. But I can't get internet
on the lan.
the settings that the usr 8200 works with are:

Name:  Wan ethernet
Device Name: ixp0
Network: WAN
Connection Type: Ethernet
MAC Address: 00:c0:49:59:4f:f9
IP Address: 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
DNS Server: 195.238.2.21
195.238.2.22
IP Address Distribution: Disabled
Received Packets: 1175
Sent Packets: 1121

Name:  lan ethernet
Device Name: ixp1
Network: LAN
Connection Type: Ethernet
MAC Address: 00:c0:49:59:4f:fa
IP Address: 192.168.1.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
IP Address Distribution: DHCP Server
Received Packets: 7609
Sent Packets: 6920

anybody got tips to get the internet working. When I use the monowall at home where the internet
comes from a dhcp router everything works.