[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Bottrill" <david at bottrill dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] connect monowall to cisco router wis static ip adress and a dhcp lan.
 Date:  Mon, 16 Jan 2006 08:50:20 -0000 (UTC)
Benny Van Wynsberghe said:
> our main internet router (cisco) is managed by belgacom, and we ourself
> can"t change anything in that router. so we let belgacom forward al the
> ports to our router (192.168.0.2) (a us robotics router 8200). We now
> would like to use monowal and no longer the usr8200. But I can't get
> internet on the lan.
> the settings that the usr 8200 works with are:
>
> Name:  Wan ethernet
> Device Name: ixp0
> Network: WAN
> Connection Type: Ethernet
> MAC Address: 00:c0:49:59:4f:f9
> IP Address: 192.168.0.2
> Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
> Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
> DNS Server: 195.238.2.21
> 195.238.2.22
> IP Address Distribution: Disabled
> Received Packets: 1175
> Sent Packets: 1121
>
> Name:  lan ethernet
> Device Name: ixp1
> Network: LAN
> Connection Type: Ethernet
> MAC Address: 00:c0:49:59:4f:fa
> IP Address: 192.168.1.1
> Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
> IP Address Distribution: DHCP Server
> Received Packets: 7609
> Sent Packets: 6920
>
> anybody got tips to get the internet working. When I use the monowall at
> home where the internet comes from a dhcp router everything works.

The problem here is the private network address on the WAN port of
m0n0wall, by default this is blocked. If you are runing 1.2.1 then on the
WAN interface page de-select "Block Private Networks". I can't remember
where this is on older versions of M0n0.

--
David Bottrill

david at bottrill dot org
www.bottrill.org