[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] vpn problem
 Date:  Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:17:24 -0500
benny wrote:
> I can create a vpn pptp connection to my remote network. I can look at remote machines by ip
adress example \\192.168.1.7
> But I can't connect to a msde (sql) server. My database won't connect. Anybody knows how to
configure the vpn pptp to connect to odbc?

It has nothing to do with it. Possibilities include that the machine
hosting the MSDE has Windows Firewall configured to only allow
connections from within it's own subnet. If your MSDE server has, for
example, an address like 192.168.1.7, and your pptp connection is
configured to be 192.168.2.x, then you have to change the firewall
setting on your MSDE box to allow connections from that network as well,
or go crazy and set it to allow connections from, say,
192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0 (which means anybody on 192.168.x.y, which is
somewhat insecure but probably safe enough for your particular
installation).