[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "dasz" <daszylstra at comcast dot net>
 To:  "benny" <benny at buso dash evergem dot be>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] vpn problem
 Date:  Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:52:34 -0500
I've tested a similar situation successfully, but with a full version of SQL
server . . . . the only hitch I ran into was not related to Monowall --
since my test server Windows passwords were different than any on the domain
with the SQL server I had to get connected to Windows first, then connect to
SQL  (i.e. map a drive to verify connection, then connect to the SQL
databases using Enterprise Manager).

As far as I am aware the PPTP connection places you on the network with no
restrictions (just like IPSEC) so there should be no problems as long as you
connect via IP address and not server name . . . .

Have you verified if the connection will work locally?  (i.e. verify if a
similar install of the client software will work on a local PC or if it's
possible physically put the remote computer on the local LAN and test)

David Zylstra
(586) 764 9858