[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Priority for VOIP packets
 Date:  Tue, 17 Jan 2006 00:54:45 -0000
> I've just installed an Asterisk@Home PBX, and was just
> wondering if there is any way I can prioritise throughput of
> traffic from my PBX through my m0n0wall router?

If you want to prioritize IAX traffix, add a rule giving a high weight to
outbound traffic to port 4569, and a rule giving high weight to inbound
traffic to port 4569.

If you're using SIP, the same applies using port 5060, but also remember to
do the RTP stream (asterisk defaults to 10000-20000, you can customize the
range in rtp.conf)

Regards,

Chris