[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  "Norman H. Azadian" <norman at azadian dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] outside access to web GUI
 Date:  Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:27:17 +0100
Am Dienstag, den 17.01.2006, 17:03 +0100 schrieb Norman H. Azadian:
> You may need to change the port number used by the webGUI.
> If you have used inbound NAT to open HTTPS to a web server,
> you'll have to change that port number to something other than the
> default 443, and change the destination port on the firewall
> rule shown below accordingly.
Just change the webGUI protocol form HTTP to HTTPS (if not made before)
and the webGUI port to 11443. Save that and make sure that you have
*NOT* disabled webGUI anti-lockout rule on the System-> Advanced page.
Then reboot the firewall. After it comes back again, you can connect to
https://ip-of-firewall:11443/ from inside your LAN. Now make a rule on
the WAN interface for the outside IP to go to your firewall external IP
(or any, if you have obtained the external IP address dynamically) at
port 11443.

BR,
   PIT

 copyleft(c) by |           Linux: Where Don't We Want To Go Today?  --
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     Submitted by Pancrazio De Mauro, paraphrasing