[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Norman H. Azadian" <norman at azadian dot ch>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] outside access to web GUI
 Date:  Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:02:37 +0100
OK, thanks guys.  As I understand it, the FAQ page 16.18 needs some fixing.

First, the note should read something like:

   If you're already using HTTPS (port 443) in the Inbound NAT table,
   you'll need to supply a port number (e.g., 11443) in the General Setup
   page for the webGUIport.  Otherwise you can leave it blank which will
   default to HTTPS (443).  If you have supplied a port number, you will
   need to use that port number (under Destination port range) in place of
   the HTTPS shown in the following example.

Second, it should be noted that section 16.18.2 is obsolete for anyone
using version 1.2b7 or later.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong.  Otherwise, will someone please amend
the FAQ accordingly?  We're not all network engineers out here, and so it
is necessary to use words of one syllable or less when explaining things.

NHA
---
Norman H. Azadian    Taegerishalde 13    CH-3110 Muensingen    Switzerland
norman at azadian dot ch      tel: +41 31 721 7855      fax: +41 31 55 898 55