[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Eric Collins <eric at tawifi dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Nokia IP330 Performance
 Date:  Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:10:48 -0700
Greetings,

I am just wondering if anyone out there who runs an IP330 could shed
some light on the performance of the devices that they have seen. Here
is the low down on what I am planning

I have a IP330 (3 intel nics, CPU: 400mhz K2, 256mb ram)
The clients network is a fractional DS3 currently capped at 30mbit.
The network runs 24/7 at around 18-20Mbps, primarily used as a http farm.
The 330 will be used as a filtered dmz setup (as out lined in the docs)

Basically I need to know if the 330 will handle this kind of network
load, as I have no experience with these devices, and the client would
like to re-purpose the 330 to save money so I dont have to build them my
normal m0n0 hardware setup.

Maybe cite some examples of the load you have seen these devices handle?

Thanks for the time,

Eric