[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason Collins" <jason at mammothcomputers dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Compact Flash Adapters for PC installation
 Date:  Tue, 17 Jan 2006 20:27:40 -0600
Just wanted to follow up my old post and say that these Transcend modules
were the only option that worked for us.  Neither BIOS settings nor other
compact flash adapters (even the SYBA) would work in those Intel desktop
boards.  So hopefully I will spare others the headache by saying just buy
the transcend modules for a PC install using Intel boards.  Maybe this will
change with future chipsets and boards but we've tried several from D865G,
D915P, D945P, D945G series and only the transcend modules will boot.  Thanks
again to all who helped me with this.  And many thanks to you, Manuel and
colleagues, for an amazing product and gracious gift to the community.

Jason