[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "JP Aubineau" <jp at netechnica dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive Portal Success page?
 Date:  Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:24:02 -0600 (CST)
Hello,

I'm looking to see if anyone has a hack or suggestion to provide a
"success" webpage for authenticated captive portal users. Essentially the
opposite of the "error" page.

Scenario: IHAC with a m0n0wall in place with a captive portal setup on a
DMZ interface, using RADIUS for authentication. I would like for customers
to be redirected to a secondary webpage once the authentication is
successfully completed where I can provide them with the option to
download and install a package as well as provide some quick links to most
commonly visited URL's. I dont want the package to be linked on the
primary portal webpage, as I only want authenticated users to be able to
download it rather than everyone who happens to stumble onto the network
(e.g. rogue wireless users).

I've seen some portal systems in hotels that do something similar to a
success page for instance with pay-per-use confirmations, etc... Wondering
if/how I can apply this functionality to m0n0wall....

Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated,

Thanks!