[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rhon-Kaniel Bramwell" <rhonkaniel at anngel dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal Success page?
 Date:  Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:46:00 -0500 (EST)
That shouldnt be too hard.. use the redirection URL option.. Host your
page on some webserver and just force the redirection to that page.

Redirection URL

If you provide a URL here, clients will be redirected to that URL instead
of the one they initially tried to access after they've authenticated.

Rhon

Anngel.com

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking to see if anyone has a hack or suggestion to provide a
> "success" webpage for authenticated captive portal users. Essentially the
> opposite of the "error" page.
>
> Scenario: IHAC with a m0n0wall in place with a captive portal setup on a
> DMZ interface, using RADIUS for authentication. I would like for customers
> to be redirected to a secondary webpage once the authentication is
> successfully completed where I can provide them with the option to
> download and install a package as well as provide some quick links to most
> commonly visited URL's. I dont want the package to be linked on the
> primary portal webpage, as I only want authenticated users to be able to
> download it rather than everyone who happens to stumble onto the network
> (e.g. rogue wireless users).
>
> I've seen some portal systems in hotels that do something similar to a
> success page for instance with pay-per-use confirmations, etc... Wondering
> if/how I can apply this functionality to m0n0wall....
>
> Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated,
>
> Thanks!

Rhon

Anngel.com