[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Eric Collins <eric at tawifi dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Nokia IP330 Performance
 Date:  Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:35:09 -0700
That guess is pretty much what I thought as well considering I have a
Celeron 300 pushing 18Mbps without a sweat, I just wasnt sure how good
the hardware is that Nokia is using in these devices (mobo, pci bus...etc).

The servers behind it are: 8 apache servers, 2 heavy usage mail systems,
1 Windows media server, 1 DNS Server.

 From Etherealing the traffic its all pretty standard webhosting stuff,
minus the video streams.

The biggest concern I have is the amount of states. I have no way right
now of finding out the current state usage as the current PIX firewall
is run upstream from my client and getting info from their upstream
provider is like pulling teeth. (they have an odd setup to say the
least, which is what I am trying to remedy)

I guess what I will try once I get the 330 is to configure it out and
bench test it, then slap it into place and sit back and watch, I will
try to post what I find out.

Thanks for the info

-Eric