[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rolf Kutz <kutz at netcologne dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal Success page?
 Date:  Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:38:21 +0100
* Quoting JP Aubineau (jp at netechnica dot com):

> I'm looking to see if anyone has a hack or suggestion to provide a
> "success" webpage for authenticated captive portal users. Essentially the
> opposite of the "error" page.

Just fill in the URL of that page in the
"Redirection URL" field of the captive portal
configuration page.

> Scenario: IHAC with a m0n0wall in place with a captive portal setup on a
> DMZ interface, using RADIUS for authentication. I would like for customers
> to be redirected to a secondary webpage once the authentication is
> successfully completed where I can provide them with the option to
> download and install a package as well as provide some quick links to most
> commonly visited URL's. I dont want the package to be linked on the
> primary portal webpage, as I only want authenticated users to be able to
> download it rather than everyone who happens to stumble onto the network
> (e.g. rogue wireless users).

You could upload a "success.html" page with the
captive portal "File manager" and access it like
this:

http://M0N0IPADDRESS:8000/success.html

or upload it to a subdirectory of the m0n0wall gui
(/usr/local/www/test/) and access it like this:

http://M0N0IPADDRESS/test/success.html

If you include a .htpasswd in that directory
people will have to login to access the file.

- Rolf