[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] BUG? Putty/SSH from wireless to LAN kills m0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:32:58 -0500
On 1/18/06, Andrew Greenwood <lists at silverblade dot co dot uk> wrote:

> I can connect, login, etc. but shortly after, the firewall stops
> responding. I can't ping it, or access the configuration page.
>
> I've yet to try this with another computer on the LAN, but in the meantime
> is there a known bug at all about this, and if not, can anyone try and
> reproduce my setup and confirm?

I can confirm I use a similar setup and have never seen anything like
that, and I know there are a bunch of people (thousands) who SSH
across interfaces without any trouble.

I'd put a monitor on it and see if it's freezing up, or just falling
off the network, or what.  If you have the traffic shaper or captive
portal enabled, it would be interesting to see what it would do with
those both disabled (most solid freeze issues seem to come from ipfw,
which is only used for those two purposes).

-Chris