[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Richard Parvass" <Richard dot Parvass at aaland dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Outbound NAT
 Date:  Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:14:17 -0000
I have a setup where currently a public IP that is different from the
WAN address is used for SMTP inbound. It is using Server NAT for the
inbound. Inbound is working correctly. However, when outbound, it
originates from the WAN address.

The machine that is accepting/generating the SMTP is currently the same
machine that provides inbound HTTP, but may change.

How do I configure the NAT so that outgoing SMTP originates on the
alternate address defined in Server NAT whilst other outbound is
originated on the WAN address from the same (internal) machine?

The information in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it is confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee and
others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on its contents
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The opinions expressed in this message are that of the sender and not
necessarily those of Aaland Limited. If you have received this e-mail in
error please notify postmaster at aaland dot co dot uk