[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  PlanAlpha <plan dot alpha at gmail dot com>
 To:  lists at silverblade dot co dot uk
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] BUG? Putty/SSH from wireless to LAN kills m0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:20:02 -0800
On 1/18/06, Andrew Greenwood <lists at silverblade dot co dot uk> wrote:
> I've just been trying to configure a Debian installation via PuTTY (SSH
> client.)
>
> I tried this earlier today, and I tried it again just now. Both times it's
> knocked my m0n0wall box right out.
>
> I've never come across anything that causes this to happen, before.
>
> The server is on the LAN, and this computer (the one I'm using to connect
> to it), is on the wireless network.
>
> I can connect, login, etc. but shortly after, the firewall stops
> responding. I can't ping it, or access the configuration page.
>
> I've yet to try this with another computer on the LAN, but in the meantime
> is there a known bug at all about this, and if not, can anyone try and
> reproduce my setup and confirm? (I don't have a graphics card in my
> m0n0wall box so can't check for errors etc.)
>
> Thanks.
>

> =#==> Silver Blade <==#=

I don't use m0n0wall as an AP, but I have experienced the same thing
on my Netgear AP.
If I was shelled into a freeBSD system and 'tar jxvf
somearchive.tar.bz2' it would freeze up the AP. Also running Tripwire
on a Debian system did the same. So so strange! But it was repeatable;
locked it up every time. I would have to powercycle the AP to have it
work again. Netgear released a firmware update a while back that fixed
it. Maybe look at the release notes for the 624 a couple of releases
back (if they exist) and see what caused it.
Good luck!