[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "amanda shaw" <aj dot shaw at tiscali dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Captive portal passthru non-browser clients
 Date:  Fri, 20 Jan 2006 01:29:30 -0000
I have set up monowall with a basic captive portal. This works great, however does anyone know if
there is a way to bypass
the portal for devices that do not have browser capability e.g. NintendoDS. I realise that I could
probably put a MAC address in the passthru page, however this would not be suitable in a hotspot
situation. Also destination addresses cannot be used as these are not published by Nintendo.

Has anyone else experienced this problem. Can it be managed with IP ports or is there anyway for
monowall to detect that the device is not capable of browsing therefore auto bypass the portal.

Thanks
Amanda