[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh Simoneau" <jsimoneau at lmtcs dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Traffic Redirecting?
 Date:  Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:00:39 -0500
We have web servers with public IP's behind our m0n0wall, attached to
the OPT interface. NAT is not currently used, just rules to open the
correct ports.

We have a web server at, say, 100.100.100.50 that we want to take down
for maintenance. During this time I want traffic that was destined for
this web server to be redirected to another webserver on the same
subnet, say 100.100.100.60. Is there any capabilities in m0n0wall that
would allow this to happen? It's not a classic NAT function I wouldn't
think since I'm not translating between subnets, but the traffic *IS*
going through the m0n0wall so I figure it might have a way to pipe it
someplace.

Thanks,
JS