[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Felix Schmid <felix at belugalounge dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  ath driver support for monowall
 Date:  Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:26:56 +0100
Hi everyone,

I am trying to upgrade my net4501 to a wlan access point. After wasting
quite some amount of money, time and nerves in the process to find a
suitable NIC I am finally at the point where I agree to buy one of these
quite expensive netgate soekris kits...but before I want to make sure
that it's worth it. Netgate sells a mini-pci 802.11g card based on
atheros chipset. On the m0n0wall troubleshooting page it is mentioned
that m0n0wall works only with cards supported by the 'wi' or 'an'
drivers; the 'ath' driver is not mentioned. Will it be difficult (if
possible at all) to include the 'ath' driver in my m0n0wall setup?

Or does someone know about about a supported card (preferably 802.11g)?
I also already bought a 802.11b card that was listed in the 'wi' man
page; but it came with amt8211 chipset, not prism2...

Maybe I should just stay wired...

regards,
felix

--