[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  felix at belugalounge dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ath driver support for monowall
 Date:  Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:33:40 +0100
On 15.01.2004, at 16:26, Felix Schmid wrote:

> atheros chipset. On the m0n0wall troubleshooting page it is mentioned
> that m0n0wall works only with cards supported by the 'wi' or 'an'
> drivers; the 'ath' driver is not mentioned. Will it be difficult (if
> possible at all) to include the 'ath' driver in my m0n0wall setup?

Yes, very. m0n0wall still runs 4.x because I'm convinced that it's more
stable than 5.x at this point in time (and I do run 5.2 boxes as well).
ath doesn't work with 4.x.

Make sure you don't spend more money on a wireless card than you would
pay to get a ready-made 802.11g access point that you can hook up to
e.g. the third NIC on your net4501! ;)

- Manuel