[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?=27Ronni_J=F8rgensen=27?= <rhj underscore mail at rhj dot dk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Protocol IP 50 / 51
 Date:  Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:42:01 +0100

> Is it possible to open for inbound NAT - protocol IP 50 or IP 51 ?? If
> yes, - HOW ??
> My setup is a m0n0wall in front and a watchguard firewall
> behind (used for incomming vpn connections)
> WAN --- m0n0wall --- NAT --- watchguard --- LAN

If you use the watchguard to accept incoming VPN-connections, I would not
recommend using NAT on te m0n0wall!

This can cause you a lot of hard-to-troubleshoot issues. I think using the
m0n0 as a bridge or just use real routing (you will need 2 public
IP-addresses at least then) will be a better choice...

Regards,
Joachim

MISSION STATEMENT

DISCLAIMER