[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  bmah at freebsd dot org (Bruce A. Mah)
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>, M0N0Wall firewall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: Net4521 poor performance?
 Date:  Fri, 16 Jan 2004 07:59:58 -0800
If memory serves me right, Manuel Kasper wrote:
> On 16.01.2004, at 13:47, Christiaens Joachim wrote:
>
> > I don't know if the patch was put in m0n0wall, but either way it can
> > give
> > you problems (when the patch is applied, you will have problems using
> > long
> > cables)...
>
> No, it wasn't (has there ever been a confirmed-to-be-working patch for
> FreeBSD's sis driver?),

Well, there are commits to the sis(4) driver that allege (from the
commit messages) to be the "short cable fixes".  These were committed
by sam, and would first have been visible in 4.9-RELEASE and
5.2-RELEASE.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/pci/if_sis.c

There appear to be two later, related commits from phk that only appear
in 5.2-RELEASE (and -CURRENT, obviously), but haven't been MFC-ed to
RELENG_4.

>  but I'm the proud owner of a net4501 where not
> even that patch helps because auto-negotiation fails, and the only
> solution is to use a cable of 10 meters.

:-p

Bruce.