[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at freebsd dot org>
 To:  Richard Neves <rich at eneves dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems w/ NATed LAN <--> Bridged DMZ (OPT1)
 Date:  Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:04:25 -0800
If memory serves me right, Richard Neves wrote:
> I can't get get NATed LAN hosts talking to
> bridged-with-WAN DMZ (OPT1) hosts...  yet I can ping
> OPT1 hosts from m0n0wall itself.

This has been discussed here a few times in the past, but there's some
interaction between the NAT-ing and the bridging that makes this not
work.  It's not a m0n0wall problem per se, in that if you were to try
this with a generic FreeBSD system with IPFilter and bridge(4), you'd
run into the same problem.

Bruce.