[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  John Stillwagen <jstillwa at liai dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Simple (hopefully) Nat Issue
 Date:  Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:49:00 -0800
I just recently installed monowall and so far am very impressed with it.
I am having one problem though. Our wan address is on a different subnet
from the lan addresses our ISP assigned us. So, the wan address is a
67.107/24 but I need to nat to a block of 67.104/27's. With default nat
on all is fine and dandy, but it routes traffic through the 67.107. What
I need is for my internal subnet of 172.20.0.0/24 to route out through
the 67.104/27's. I would assume a simple rule in the nat outbound of
internal and external subnet would work fine (turning on advanced
routing), but as soon as I do that, I can no longer get out. I have a
feeling it's a static route that I need to set up, but I've tried every
one I can think of that might work. My other fear is that monowall can't
nat out a subnet different from the wan IP address... Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-John