[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Felix Schmid <felix at belugalounge dot net>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ath driver support for monowall
 Date:  Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:10:47 +0100
Manuel,

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 17:33, Manuel Kasper wrote:

> Make sure you don't spend more money on a wireless card than you would
> pay to get a ready-made 802.11g access point that you can hook up to
> e.g. the third NIC on your net4501! ;)

Indeed I never thought about this!! Great idea!

Btw in what way would monowall be configured in a scenario like this?
WLAN clients should be able to access the internet, but from my
(wlan-connected) laptop I would also like to be able to access my home
network (but other potential users of the AP should not). Can I restrict
access to the AP? (Sorry, I am new to wlan - but I suppose that is what
PPTP is there for?) Will the traffic between wlan clients and monowall
be encrypted (and if so, is this done using WEP or what else; is it
secure)?

cheers,
felix