[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dany <dany underscore list at natzo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Network getting slower after 20 minutes
 Date:  Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:11:50 -0500
Hello,

I wanted to see if m0n0wall could replace my ipcop box which has been
running for few years now.
Hardware is an old Compaq Pentium 200MHz with 200MB of memory and two
realtek NIC, a small switch and a SMC-2655W 802.11b AP.

I used the following CD image (fairly new!) :
cdrom-pb25r595.iso
Version: Public Beta Release 25, Build #595
Release date: 01/17/2004

Everything works fine, I really like it.
Just after installing it if I ping the firewall from a station I get
"<10ms" but after let's say 20 minutes (random in fact) it goes to
80-100ms. This morning it was over 900ms. In some cases I can't even get
the firewall webpage so I have to reboot it the cold way. Names are
taking longer to resolve (if they ever resolve).

Any idea on this performance drop over the time ?

Thank you
Dany