[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Weston <Fred at daytonawan dot com>
 To:  Robert Boardman <robb at boardman dot me dot uk>
 Cc:  'mono' <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Network interface cards
 Date:  Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:55:04 -0500
Robert Boardman wrote:

> HI, altough this is not  just M0n0wall related
>
> does anyone know of a PCI card that is a hub/switch/NIC that works
> with FreeBSD/M0n0Wall to save me having  a seperate box?
>

> Thanks for your Help
>
> Robb

Adaptec makes a 4 port NIC, which in itself I don't think acts as a hub
or switch.  However, if you were to bridge all 4 ports together, you
would have a crude hub.  Whether or not you could do this with m0n0 is
another question.  I believe m0n0 supports a max of 4 interfaces, so you
could use the 4 port enet card, but nothing else!

If you switched to something like Debian, you could do the bridging
easily and have "room" for whatever other interfaces you needed..