[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Adrian Wiesmann <awiesmann at swordlord dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] pb25 released
 Date:  Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:54:54 +0100
On 18.01.2004, at 21:59, Adrian Wiesmann wrote:

> I just tried to downgrade from the "pb25 Release" to an older version
> via

Why would anybody want to do that anyway? Problems?

If you really want to downgrade, you should use your configuration
backup file from the previous version, as the configuration file is not
intended to be backwards-compatible (m0n0wall will try its best, but
you'll see a big warning on the console that behavior may be
undefined).

> the WebGUI when I noticed that this is not possible anymore because of
> missing button?

WHAT? I think your configuration or "firmware" is seriously messed up.
No problems here on a net4501.

> Is this a general bug or specific to some wierd options on my Soekris
> 45xx? Is there any workaround?

Backup your config, reset the system to factory defaults and then see
if the problem persists. If so, try installing the firmware again by
reflashing the CF card.

HTH,

Manuel