[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Dany <dany underscore list at natzo dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Network getting slower after 20 minutes
 Date:  Sun, 18 Jan 2004 23:03:50 +0100
On 18.01.2004, at 19:11, Dany wrote:

> Everything works fine, I really like it.
> Just after installing it if I ping the firewall from a station I get
> "<10ms" but after let's say 20 minutes (random in fact) it goes to
> 80-100ms. This morning it was over 900ms. In some cases I can't even
> get the firewall webpage so I have to reboot it the cold way. Names
> are taking longer to resolve (if they ever resolve).

Interesting... perhaps something keeps creating loads of new state/NAT
table entries? Try using "ipfstat -s" periodically on
http://m0n0wall-ip/exec.php to monitor the number of state table
entries (especially "active", but keep an eye on "no memory" too). Do
the same with "ipnat -s" (watch "inuse" and "no memory" there).

HTH,

Manuel