[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dany <dany underscore list at natzo dot com>
 To:  Fred Weston <Fred at daytonawan dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Network getting slower after 20 minutes
 Date:  Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:44:53 -0500
Fred Weston wrote:

> Dany wrote:
>
>> Fred Weston wrote:

>>> I can't think of any reason off the top of my head as to why you
>>> would see this behaviour.  My only suggestion would be to try
>>> removing everything non-essential such as the AP and switch and try
>>> running it for a while with just a single PC connected to it and see
>>> if the problem remains.  It sounds like you might be overloading the
>>> MAC table on your switch, but with a setup that small, that seems
>>> unlikely.
>>>
>> Today I got the problem after few hours.
>> Ping started to give long time and then no ping at all for both lan
>> and wan addresses.
>> I then disconnected the switch and AP and connected only one PC to
>> the firewall usign a crossover cable but that didn't solve anything.
>>
>> Dany

> In your setup, are you running ipcop and m0n0 on the same hardware?
> If not, perhaps you could try replacing one or both NICs.  It may be
> worthwhile to simply start over with m0n0 by resetting it to
> defaults.  Configure only your IP addresses and anything else
> essential for it to function and then see if you still experience the
> same symptoms.

same hardware,  to run ipcop I reboot with the HDD connected. For
monowall, i just insert the CD and floppy.
This afternoon I restarted from scratch. I just use the DHCP server of
the monowall box to get my clients internet access (no fancy rules or
bandwidth limitation).

One thing I do is to give a an pre-defined IP address based the MAC
address of each PC (outside the DHCP IP range).

Dany