[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dany <dany underscore list at natzo dot com>
 To:  Dany <dany underscore list at natzo dot com>
 Cc:  Fred Weston <Fred at daytonawan dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Network getting slower after 20 minutes
 Date:  Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:02:33 -0500
Dany wrote:

> Fred Weston wrote:
>
>> Dany wrote:

>>> Today I got the problem after few hours.
>>> Ping started to give long time and then no ping at all for both lan
>>> and wan addresses.
>>> I then disconnected the switch and AP and connected only one PC to
>>> the firewall usign a crossover cable but that didn't solve anything.
>>>
>>> Dany

>> In your setup, are you running ipcop and m0n0 on the same hardware?
>> If not, perhaps you could try replacing one or both NICs.  It may be
>> worthwhile to simply start over with m0n0 by resetting it to
>> defaults.  Configure only your IP addresses and anything else
>> essential for it to function and then see if you still experience the
>> same symptoms.
>>
> same hardware,  to run ipcop I reboot with the HDD connected. For
> monowall, i just insert the CD and floppy.
> This afternoon I restarted from scratch. I just use the DHCP server of
> the monowall box to get my clients internet access (no fancy rules or
> bandwidth limitation).
>
> One thing I do is to give a an pre-defined IP address based the MAC
> address of each PC (outside the DHCP IP range).
>
> Dany

Don't know if that can help but here is my configuration :

System: General setup
*[x] Allow DNS server list to be overridden by DHCP/PPP on WAN

*Services: DNS forwarder
*[x] Enable DNS forwarder
[ ] Register DHCP leases in DNS forwarder

....override the results from the forwarders below.
Host     Domain     IP     Description
ap      agora      192.168.0.50      SMC AP
***