[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  dany underscore list at natzo dot com
 To:  zealot <zealot at tradersguild dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Network getting slower after 20 minutes - Session 1
 Date:  Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:22:46 -0600
Here the result of my first session (switch + AP).

In order to see the problem, I've downloaded a big iso image. Unfortunately I
don't have ipfstat and ipnat close enough to the event.

No traffic shapper, no NAT, no Pipe.... only one rule for LAN (the default one)
 *  	 LAN net  	 *  	 *  	 *  	 Default LAN -> any

Basicaly after reboot :

$ ipfstat -s
IP states added:
	2 TCP
	6 UDP
	4 ICMP
	62 hits
	29 misses
	0 maximum
	0 no memory
	6 bkts in use
	6 active
	6 expired
	0 closed

$ ipnat -s
mapped	in	3	out	3
added	3	expired	0
no memory	0	bad nat	0
inuse	3
rules	3
wilds	0

Some time after :

$ ipfstat -s
IP states added:
	581 TCP
	122 UDP
	64 ICMP
	212164 hits
	10541 misses
	0 maximum
	0 no memory
	207 bkts in use
	207 active
	183 expired
	377 closed

$ ipnat -s
mapped	in	31915	out	18800
added	270	expired	118
no memory	0	bad nat	0
inuse	152
rules	3
wilds	0

I'm working on a second session where I only have 1 PC connected to the firewall
through a crossover cable.

I'll post my results later on.

Dany