[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ian Cartwright <ian351c at cox dot net>
 To:  Robert Boardman <robb at boardman dot me dot uk>
 Cc:  "'mono'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Network interface cards
 Date:  Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:32:23 -0700
On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 08:14, Robert Boardman wrote:
> HI, altough this is not  just M0n0wall related
>
> does anyone know of a PCI card that is a hub/switch/NIC that works with
> FreeBSD/M0n0Wall to save me having  a seperate box?
>

> Thanks for your Help
>
> Robb

Robb,

I have a card that has a "built in" four port switch. It is a single PCI
card that has one interface for whatever machine you plug it into, plus
four RJ-45 ports on the back that act as a switch. M0n0wall works fine
with it. The card is based on some sort of Realtek chip and show up as
rl0 in FreeBSD.

Ian