[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Cook <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Network interface cards
 Date:  Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:41:03 -0000
A bit of a 'Google' cam up with the 'Asound AL500P 4 Ports Nway Swith +
10/100Mbps Dual Speed PCI Router card'. Looks like one of the these
'no-name' wonders from China.

Here was best for info http://www.evertek.com/viewpart.asp?auto=7236.

Manufacturer's website http://www.asound.net/.

Seems mighty cheap retailing on a few US websites at $20 - $30.

Could be good for small DMZs on an optional interface, predominantly
wireless networks with a couple of wired servers etc. No concrete evidence
but info on the web suggests it is based on a Realtek chipset.