[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] NAT question: redirect all outgoing SMTP to or own SMTP-server
 Date:  Fri, 20 Jan 2006 23:52:51 +0100
Hi,

I've lost the original message, this is a copy and paste from the archive.
For a refreshing of the mind I included the complete original message below.

Since we've experienced a major outbreak of virusses at the company I work for and
ppl are allowed to send smtp to other hosts (company rule, it's stupid I know) I
was forced to try this, because we would get cut off by or provider if I had no
quick fix.

I can say it works !
Maybe this is also possible for the transparent proxy thingy ppl ask for so often !

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Jeroen Visser.

[SNIP ORIGINAL MESSAGE HERE]

From:   	"Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
To:  	"Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
Cc:  	<m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
Subject:  	RE: [m0n0wall] NAT question: redirect all outgoing SMTP to or own
SMTP-server
Date:  	Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:51:27 +0200

It surely would piss me off to and would hate it if my ISP would do that
but indeed its for the clueless users who don't know how to change there
settings... :(

My clients are located on LAN, SMTP server is located on WAN

Will the rules be something like this then?

<nat>
 <rule>
  <protocol>tcp</protocol>
  <external-port>25</external-port>
  <target>192.168.1.5</target>
  <local-port>25</local-port>
  <interface>wan</interface>
  <descr>redirect SMTP to WAN SMTP server</descr>
 </rule>
 </nat>

--
Jonathan De Graeve