[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Will m0n0wall run alright on a 486DX2-66?
 Date:  Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:51:50 -0500
On 1/21/06, Peter Teunissen <lists at onemanifest dot net> wrote:

> It does support ISA, I've got one running as WAN nic. it uses the ep
> driver.

It does support them, but using them and getting them to work (with
any OS) can be a huge pain.  Some cards may require kernel changes to
assign resources, in which case you'd have to build a custom image.

I'd try it and see if it works.  If it doesn't, I wouldn't spend much
time on trying to make it work.  I've spent entirely too much of my
life trying to get multiple ISA NIC's to work in Linux and BSD systems
several years back.  They'll work eventually, it's just a huge waste
of time now with systems that can use all PCI cards available for next
to nothing.

-Chris