[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DLink DWL-650+ supported?
 Date:  Sat, 21 Jan 2006 16:54:28 -0600
From: "Henning Wangerin"
<mailinglists dash after dash 041101 underscore reply dash not dash possible at hpc dot dk>

> I'm looking for a cheap wifi-cart, and found a couple od DWL 650+ cards
> on ebay. But are they support by monowall?

> http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/hardware-wireless.html states that DWL 650
> is fully supported, but what about the plus-version?

D-link has a nasty habit of changing hardware without changing part numbers.
As I remember, the dwl-650+ is a supported chipset, but the bios is not on
the card, so the standard driver will not work.
http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz has a list of cards for
linux.  Look for supported Prism cards.

                        Lee