[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DLink DWL-650+ supported?
 Date:  Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:03:16 -0500
On 1/21/06, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:

> D-link has a nasty habit of changing hardware without changing part numbers.

I wasn't even going to go off on that soap box.  :)  Yeah, they're the
absolute worst on that.  When I wrote that supported wireless cards
page, I spent a lot of time figuring out exactly which Dlink cards are
supported.  The DWL-650 is the worst, as it says on that page -
"Revisions A1-J3 ONLY. K1, L1, M, and P revisions not supported."
Gee, thanks for making things so easy, D-Link!

> As I remember, the dwl-650+ is a supported chipset, but the bios is not on
> the card, so the standard driver will not work.

I believe it's actually a different chipset, but don't quote me on
that.  I know it doesn't work, and that's all that really matters.  :)

-Chris