[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dur Wulf" <wulftrappe at care2 dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  large-download timeout
 Date:  Sat, 21 Jan 2006 22:46:36 -0600
I have setup a system with 3 interfaces: lan, wan & wlan.  Everything appears to work fine except
for when downloading files larger than 150MB, approximately.  All such downloads just quit.
Sometimes this happens shortly after beginning and other times when more than midway through.  No
other Internet service is lost.  I have tried various downloads such as linux isos, video downloads,
XPsp2, etc.  I have also switched out the network cards that handle the wlan interface without
resolution.

The Internet connection is Comcast 6Mb cable dhcp and has had no issues with various home routers.
It occurs when connecting from the lan and wlan interfaces.  I have only used the default mtu value
of 1500.

The system is a Toshiba AMD K6-2 300mhz, I believe.  It has 128MB of RAM installed.

Aside from large downloads, everything else appears to function without issue.

I appreciate any help!  If I left anything out, let me know and I'll answer.

thanks!

Trophy hunters can write off canned hunts and big game safaris at taxpayers'
expense - help end this cruelty loophole: http://go.care2.com/66836

http://www.Care2.com  Free e-mail. 100MB storage.  Helps nonprofits.