[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  Dur Wulf <wulftrappe at care2 dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] large-download timeout
 Date:  Sun, 22 Jan 2006 02:26:09 -0500
On 1/21/06, Dur Wulf <wulftrappe at care2 dot com> wrote:
> I have setup a system with 3 interfaces: lan, wan & wlan.  Everything appears to work fine except
for when downloading files larger than 150MB, approximately.  All such downloads just quit.
Sometimes this happens shortly after beginning and other times when more than midway through.  No
other Internet service is lost.  I have tried various downloads such as linux isos, video downloads,
XPsp2, etc.  I have also switched out the network cards that handle the wlan interface without
resolution.

> The Internet connection is Comcast 6Mb cable dhcp and has had no issues with various home routers.
 It occurs when connecting from the lan and wlan interfaces.  I have only used the default mtu value
of 1500.

> The system is a Toshiba AMD K6-2 300mhz, I believe.  It has 128MB of RAM installed.
>
> Aside from large downloads, everything else appears to function without issue.

Are the downloads from the LAN or WLAN networks ?
Have you looked at the logs to see what may be blocked or dropped ?
What network cards are you using for each interface ?
Have you tried different sources for the downloads ? ie..if you
download a service pack from MS, do you still have a problem vs. some
mirror (and some other file) from say...sharebear ?

It might help if you can post a scrubbed config.xml
I have Comcast here is Richmond, VA, and don't have any problems.

~ Don