[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Teunissen <lists at onemanifest dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Will m0n0wall run alright on a 486DX2-66?
 Date:  Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:58:53 +0100
Yeah, it's just nice to have isa support when you don't have a choice
(I only had 2 pci slots and 1 isa). But as Chris Buechler wrote, it's
tricky at least. Sometimes you'll need to boot into windoze or dos to
change card settings to get it running or disable plug 'n play
settings in bios. I just got very lucky; I took a deep breath,
slotted in the isa card and booted m0n0wall... the card worked and
was recognized immediately. Sometimes the sun just shines on
you... :-) But as they say: YMMV

Peter