[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phil Brutsche <phil at brutsche dot us>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Xbox 360 moderate NAT issue
 Date:  Sun, 22 Jan 2006 18:24:46 -0600
Chris Buechler wrote:
> Yeah, that would definitely be helpful.
>
> I think it depends on what game you're playing.  Does with my PS2, but
> that's a different animal since it's not linked into something
> centralized like Xbox Live.  Typically it's a whole lot of ports.  I
> run my PS2 on its own VLAN for that reason (though it really doesn't
> buy me much of anything, I like it that way regardless).

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/method/xbox360/troubleshoot-nat.htm

http://tinyurl.com/8yvy2 in case that link get's wrapped.

The affects of MODERATE or STRICT NAT status:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908880/

In order for my original XBox to see an open NAT connection to XBox Live
I had to "port forward" the following traffic:

TCP 88
TCP 3074
UDP 3074

I think it is reasonable to assume that an XBox 360 uses the same ports.

BTW, Netgear has these port numbers listed at
http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n100495.asp

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche dot us