[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.21 - Captive Portal - Pass-through MAC
 Date:  Sat, 21 Jan 2006 00:49:31 -0600
From: "Peter Parnican" <monowallboy at gmail dot com>

> hi guys, i found where the BUG is!

> If *Disable MAC filtering* *is turned on* Pass-through MAC is not working
> and you'll be redirected (always) to CP! In my case its neccessary to use
> Disable MAC filtering because if two or more useres are sharing one
> wirelles
> client i can see only one mac address for more IP addresses because WIFI
> client (ovislink) is not passing MAC addresses.

> If *Disable MAC filtering* not allowed its working for me like charm!
> ...but
> i need this funcionality :(

This sure narrows it down!  Basically, you are out of luck.  On the one
hand, you are saying "ignore MAC and track session" and on the other you are
saying "Pass MAC."  The only fix is to fix the AP that will not pass the
proper MAC.  This is a common and well known problem.  And there is a lot of
discussion on better AP's to you to solve this.  The buzz word you are
looking for is WDS.  It is mainly for wireless repeating, but it also allows
you to piggyback the true MAC of the client.  (I think.  Documentation is
sketchy at this point.)

                        Lee

PS:  I got 3 copies of each of your e-mails.  If you are sending to the
list, I will get a copy.  No need to send more. :-)