[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Vaughan <talltim at gmail dot com>
 To:  Jeroen Visser <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Firewall weirdness (was: Feature suggestion: show related rule in firewall logs)
 Date:  Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:04:42 +0000
> I myself had a hard time believing that these dropped packets would not influence
> the connections, but it turns out is really was correct after all.
>
> http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-legit-traffic-dropped.html

Problem is, legitimate traffic *is* actually being blocked by this - I
can't access this particular host over the VPN and none of its traffic
is being let through.  It's all blocked, and it's all being logged as
blocked.
It's only this particular machine though which makes me think it's
sending out malformed packets in some way.

Tim