[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  atarione <atarione at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VPN over WiFi ? (file/print sharing) (VPN/m0n0wall n00b.... be gentle)
 Date:  Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:07:00 -0800
Hello

this is what i wanna do,

I have a m0n0wall box w/ 3 nics (WAN / LAN /OPT1)
I want to have my LAN (wired pc's) on LAN interface utilizing 192.168.0.xx
I want to have my wireless AP (linksys BEFW11S4) on OPTI1 (192.168.2.xx)
I want a PPTP VPN conection from OPT1 to the LAN 192.168.0.
and I want file / printsharing to work over said VPN

So far I have messed w/ setting up the PPTP connection and have gotten
it to work (except shared network resouces ..printers documents are not
available)

If i bridge the OPT1 to the LAN then i can get the PPTP connection to
work / with file sharing ...etc..    but (and sorry in advance for
n00bery ) but what is the only advantage to doing that way (bridged)the
traffic is encrypted via the PPTP connection (i.e. web surfing on the
Wifi would be somewhat safer?) but the AP is still a security risk to
the rest of the LAN right?

i have read all through the faq and can't figure it out...

anyway if anyone could help me figure out how to make the above
happen... or if it's not possible that's kewl too...

if it helps make the answer easier..

the Wireless clients run Windows 2000

on the LAN the machines are WinXP and 2k + a win2k Domain Controller.

thank you