[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DLink DWL-650+ supported?
 Date:  Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:24:34 +0800
On 01/22/06 05:56 Henning Wangerin said the following:
> Hi!
>
> I'm looking for a cheap wifi-cart, and found a couple od DWL 650+ cards
> on ebay. But are they support by monowall?
>
> http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/hardware-wireless.html states that DWL 650
> is fully supported, but what about the plus-version?

the DWL-650+ is not supported under freebsd 4.x, but it is under freebsd
6.0. i've built m0n0wall images (tentatively versioned as 1.3a, an
available for download at

http://m0n0.ch/wall/download.php?file=generic-pc-1.3a1.img
http://m0n0.ch/wall/download.php?file=net45xx-1.3a1.img

which should support them. i'm also awaiting user/developer response on the
performance implications of moving from freebsd 4.x to 6.0 with the above
images.

a big NOTE though, the images are ALPHA quality and NOT READY FOR
PRODUCTION USE.