[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS not forwarding
 Date:  Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:19:06 -0600
From: "Jack Pivac" <email at delphinus dot co dot nz>
>> Lee Sharp wrote:
>>> From: "Jack Pivac" <email at delphinus dot co dot nz>

>>> Sound more like the DNS cache on your system is corupting.  Try a (net
>>> stop "dns client") and see if it suddenly "gets better."

> So any more ideas?

> Its both computer and OS inspecific... I use both linux and winxp and same
> problem :(

> Its computer inspecific... same problem on 4 different pc's

Did you try the "net stop" above?  I know it seems wrong, but did you make
sure?  Another way is to try "nslookup" and see if changing DNS within
nslookup works.  When you change DNS in the IP properties, it flushes the
DNS cache, and I think that is what's actually fixing it.  And if you have a
occasional problem that breaks the cache on one windows machine, it will
also do it to others.

                        Lee