[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Denilson Rocha <denilson at vertentes dot com dot br>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Is there some interface prioritized?
 Date:  Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:18:30 +0000
Hi!

I have a M0n0 configured with 3 interfaces: LAN, WAN and OPT1. This
machine is acting as an Wireless Access Point.

The WAN interface (a pcmcia card configured as hostap) is my backbone,
linked to a linux server connected to a router, and the internet. The
OPT1 interface (another pcmcia card configured as hostap) is the AP to
my clients. And the LAN interface is connected to an external radio,
wich makes a P2P link with another city.

Well, everything works fine, until I get traffic into LAN... When there
is no traffic in LAN, my clients connects to OPT1 and go to the Internet
via WAN, fast and easy. When the P2P connected to the LAN make some
traffic, the clients connected to OPT1 begin to lost packets, and the
access become very slow... There is no lost of signal, only lost of
packets. If I block the LAN traffic in the firewall, my OPT1 works fine
again...

My question is: is the LAN traffic prioritized then the OPT1 traffic???
Or am I tripping far away? Why this happens?

Any help will be very appreciated!

Thanks to all, and sorry for the poor english...

[ ]'s
Denilson