[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew \"Silver Blade\" Greenwood" <m0n0wall at silverblade dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Reboot needed when modem reconnects :(
 Date:  Thu, 26 Jan 2006 01:43:16 +0000
I understand this may be more relevant to the half-bridge modem patch
I'm using with m0n0wall at present, but I'm posting here anyway since
hopefully some kind soul will be able to help :)

All working fine, except I unplugged my phone cable earlier to use a
longer one, and when the modem reconnected, no internet traffic could be
routed.

I had to restart the firewall PC in order to restore connectivity.

I tested this a few times, and basically it seems if I get disconnected
from the internet, even briefly, m0n0wall is unable to continue using
the WAN interface unless the whole system is restarted.

I did try various other things, such as clearing the firewall/routing
states, but that didn't do a lot.

Any ideas? Bit worried that my connection might go down if I'm out and I
won't be able to remotely connect to my system if I need to.

-Andrew